Table of Contents Hide
Macaroni salad with cucumbers and tomatoes is a classic summer dish that is perfect for picnics, barbecues, and potlucks. It’s easy to make and can be customized with a variety of ingredients.
Today, I will be making a classic summer dish that is perfect for any outdoor gathering – macaroni salad with cucumbers and tomatoes. As a professional chef, I can tell you that this recipe is not only easy to make, but it’s also delicious and refreshing.
The combination of tender elbow macaroni, crunchy cucumbers, and juicy tomatoes tossed in a creamy dressing is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. Whether you’re hosting a backyard barbecue or packing a picnic, this macaroni salad with cucumbers and tomatoes is the perfect addition to any menu.
So, let’s get started and learn how to make this summer classic!
Ingredients Required For Making Macaroni Salad with Cucumbers and Tomatoes
Here’s what you’ll need to make macaroni salad with cucumbers and tomatoes:
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How To Prepare Macaroni Salad with Cucumbers and Tomatoes?
Preparing macaroni salad with cucumbers and tomatoes requires a few simple steps, but proper preparation is essential for ensuring that the dish is flavorful and well-combined.
Follow these steps to make this cucumber recipe.
Preparing the Ingredients
- You should cook the macaroni according to the package directions until it is al dente. Once the cooking process has been stopped, drain and rinse with cold water.
- While the macaroni is cooking, dice the cucumber and halve the cherry tomatoes.
- You will need a small bowl to whisk together the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper.
Mixing and Dressing the Macaroni Salad with Cucumbers and Tomatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked macaroni, diced cucumber, and halved cherry tomatoes.
- Pour the dressing over the macaroni mixture and toss until well-coated.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Make sure you refrigerate the mixture for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
Macaroni salad can be served chilled or at room temperature. It’s a great side dish for grilled meats, sandwiches, and burgers. It is possible to store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to three days if they are stored in an airtight container.
Final Thoughts About This Cucumber Recipe
Making macaroni salad with cucumbers and tomatoes is easy and delicious. This recipe is perfect for summer gatherings and can be customized with your favorite ingredients. Try adding diced bell peppers, shredded carrots, or chopped fresh herbs.
The possibilities are endless!